If you plan to visit Tibet and want to stay overnight at Lhasa, you may want to know where to stay, this guidance will show you some accommodation recommendations, which allows you to choose the most proper hotel or guesthouse to spend the night in Lhasa.
Luxury Hotels in Lhasa
If you want to live comfortably in Lhasa, the luxury hotels can meet all your demands. As Lhasa is the capital city of Tibet, it is not old nor ragged as you think. Continue to read the following contents to get to know some five-star hotels in Lhasa.
The most popular luxury hotels in Lhasa include St. Regis Resort Hotel, Lhasa Brahmaputra Grand Hotel, Lhasa Jardin Secret Hotel, Fourpoints By Sheraton, Lhasa Manasarovar Hotel, and Xinding Grand Hotel. Living in these six hotels will enable you to obtain a wonderful experience. You can relax yourself in the hotel to the greatest degree and entertain yourself happily. The perfect locations of the luxury hotels allow visitors to enjoy the most magnificent view of the whole city.
St. Regis Resort Hotel in Lhasa
St. Regis Resort Hotel and Fourpoints By Sheraton are the best international hotels in Lhasa, and the former one is newly opened in 2011. Both of them can provide services and modern luxury amenities with high quality.
Brahmaputra Grand hotel is the first five-star hotel in Lhasa, which is also the unique museum for visitors to stay overnight in the world. Lhasa Brahmaputra Grand Hotel is located in the Building B of Yangcheng Square, which has traditional Tibetan architectural style and modern decorative technologies. This hotel has attracted many rich tourists to spend their nights here to have a good time.
Lhasa Manasarovar Hotel is near the Potala Palace and the Jokhang Temple. With the railway station and the eastern bus station next to this hotel, it is quite convenient for travelers to go to other places to have wonderful experience.
Although the services and facilities in these luxury five-star hotels are top-class, you should know the price to live in these luxury hotels is high and you need to pay thousands of RMB only one night in the hotel. If you want to choose some economic or cheap places to live in Lhasa, you can continue to read the contents in this guidance to help you to save money on accommodation.
Economic Hotels in Lhasa
In order to spend money more sensibly, it is recommended to choose some economic hotels in Lhasa to relax themselves at night. Thus, you can budget your Lhasa tour to some degree. There are hundreds of economic and clean hotels in Lhasa as well, such as New Mandala Hotel, Lhasa Kailash Hotel, Yak Hotel, Gangyan Hotel and so on.
Yak Hotel in Lhasa
1. New Mandala Hotel (3-Star) is also an economic one, whose left is just the Jokhang Temple. You can choose one room from the suite rooms, standard rooms, single rooms and triple rooms, and totaled 79 guest rooms as you need. All the rooms are mainly decorated with the classical Tibetan decoration style. The environment is clean and cozy to live. You can make yourself at home with the considerate services of the staff in this hotel. The cost of this hotel is from RMB150 to RMB260.
2. Lhasa Kailash Hotel (3-Star) is only 200 meters away from Jokhang Temple and 800 meters away from Potala Palace, which is in the most traditional and busiest street in Lhasa. You can choose to spend RMB110 to RMB200 living a night in this hotel.
3. Yak Hotel (4-Star) has 62 rooms and 185 beds at diverse levels, which is in the center of Lhasa. It is not far away from the Jokhang, and Ramoche monastery as well. It has been in business since April 1986. The staff in this hotel can speak Chinese, Tibetan and English, which makes it convenient for you to get the necessary services here. The cost of this hotel is from RMB220 to RMB280.
4. Gang Gyan Hotel (4-Star) is close to the Ramoche Temple, which belongs to the Tibet Gang-gyan Development Company. Tourist can go sightseeing and go shopping in the Barkhor Street and other wonderful places as they prefer. Tourists can enjoy the full views of the famous Potala Palace by just lying in bed. You may pay RMB150 to RMB340 to live in this hotel for a night.
5. Tibet Villa Hotel in Lhasa is famous for its authentic Tibetan atmosphere. You only need 5 minutes to walk to the scenic Lhasa River.
6. Tibet Gorkha Hotel has unique traditional Tibetan architecture. The decorations in this hotel is also in the Tibetan style, which has a strong atmosphere of Tibetan culture.
The economic hotels in Lhasa are various and the number of them are large, which allows travelers to choose one suitable for them to visit Lhasa comfortably and enjoy themselves to the full. If you do want to budget your tour, you can also give up these economic hotels and choose to live in some guesthouses in Lhasa. Thus you may save much money doing other things in your trip.
Tibetan Guesthouse in Lhasa
The guest houses in Lhasa or youth hostels in Lhasa are quite popular among the backpackers, some are photography lovers or writes. They come to visit Tibet to enjoy the beautiful sceneries, and they do not care the accommodation very much. As for the, the guesthouse can meet their accommodation needs perfectly.
Phuntsok Kasang International Youth Hostel
Among these guesthouses, it is recommended to choose Phuntsok Kasang International Youth Hostel, Dongcuo International Youth Hostel and Snow Lotus, for they offer visitors with economic standard doubles and triples with attached rest room as well as 8-bed to 12-bed rooms. You only need to pay 35 RMB at least for spending one night here, the simple Chinese style breakfast is also included in the payment.
These guesthouses are the best choice for visitors who have a strict limitation on the tourism budget in Tibet. The referred three hostels are near Barkhor, which is quite convenient for tourists, but you can not use the credit cards in them.
You can gain 24 hours hot water supply in these cheap guesthouses and some simple Chinese style breakfasts. You should know there is no air-conditioner and heating system in them. The heater or electric blanket are available in these guesthouses in cold days. You can make use of the free Internet access at ease in the dorm beds or private rooms.
After you read this guidance completely, you will learn that you can choose your desired hotels at different levels to spend the night in Lhasa. If you want to sleep quite comfortably and relax yourself in the hotel, you can select the luxury 5-star ones. If you do not want to spend too much money on accommodation, the economic hotels will be your best choice. If you want to have a budget trip in Lhasa, you can just sleep in the guesthouses to have a good night. If it is hard for you to determine which type of hotel to choose, you can contact us to help you to book the suitable hotel for you.